A modern masterpiece
The S4 is a double pickup, semi-hollow built to make an unforgettable sonic and visual statement. Available in matched or mixed pairs, each pickup configuration can be perfectly tailored to suit your particular playing style or genre. From high gain ceramics through to smooth alnico, we have a vast range of premium and custom shop pickups used by professional artists from the world’s most respected brands. Each pickup is anchored to a solid spine running down the midsection providing the warmth and resonance typical of a hollow body while preserving an articulate and tight bottom end. Available in strictly limited numbers annually, the S4 is a super versatile instrument capable of delivering jaw dropping performance no matter what the genre.
Uncompromised in every way
The S4 is a true made-to-order custom shop instrument. Only the highest grade woods make it through our rigorous selection and grading process. We offer a wide choice of boutique pickups, hardware, neck profiles, and finishes that let you configure something truly unique and complementary to your own playing style. Our standard components include top shelf products from leading companies such as Bare Knuckle, Sperzel and Tonepros.
While each instrument is meticulously handcrafted, we leverage a number of highly sophisticated technologies that put Vance guitars ahead of the rest. Dual, ultra high strength, lightweight graphite fiber reinforcements are integrated into each neck providing remarkable tuning stability and the structural integrity to weather years of abuse. Our skinny nitro finishes are formulated to age gracefully, enhance liveliness and allow the guitar to breath. Our headstocks are strengthened through a thick Madagascar ebony face plate finished with a raw laser etched logo. Many of our behind the scene innovations come from decades of involvement in military and aerospace industries.
Other notable features and options include:
• Three piece tenon set neck with a 17° high angle headstock and 2.5° neck to body tilt
• Madagascar Rosewood fingerboard
• Individually selected AAA grade African Ebony or Indian Rosewood available
• Gloss or satin matte nitrocellulose finish in black, cream, brown or burgundy
• Locking Sperzel or Tonepros ‘Modern Kluson’ tuners
• Tonepros locking bridges
• Schaller strap locks with dual rear buttons
• C neck profile standard – soft V or hard V profiles optional
• Hand crafted strengthening ‘volute’ at the head to headstock stock joint
• Range of Bare Knuckle® humbuckers custom finished for Vance in the UK
• Custom fitted, professional quality road/flight case with genuine heavy duty fittings
From $3,250. Price includes roadcase.