When you really want to make a statement
The S3 is a semi-hollow built from the ground up to make an unforgettable sonic and visual statement. Its clean, single pickup design works in perfect harmony with select grade mahogany, precision acoustic chambering, and leading hardware to create real presence. The single pickup is anchored to a solid spine running down the midsection providing the warmth and resonance typical of a hollow body while preserving an articulate and tight bottom end. Perfectly suited to higher gain pickups, the S3 is ideal for artists looking to create a massive wall of sound with expressive leads that can cut through a mix. As with all Vance guitars, every facet and component has been carefully auditioned to make sure they work in perfect harmony to deliver uncompromised tone and enhanced playability.
Premium materials for premium tone
The S3 is a true made-to-order custom shop instrument. Only the highest grade woods make it through our rigorous selection and grading process. We offer a wide choice of boutique pickups, hardware, neck profiles, and finishes that let you configure something truly unique and complementary to your own playing style. Our standard components include top shelf products from leading companies such as Bare Knuckle, Sperzel and Tonepros.
While each instrument is meticulously handcrafted, we leverage a number of highly sophisticated technologies that put Vance guitars ahead of the rest. Dual, ultra high strength, lightweight graphite fiber reinforcements are integrated into each neck providing remarkable tuning stability and the structural integrity to weather years of abuse. Our skinny nitro finishes are formulated to age gracefully, enhance liveliness and allow the guitar to breath. Our headstocks are strengthened through a thick Madagascar ebony face plate finished with a raw laser etched logo. Many of our behind the scene innovations come from decades of involvement in military and aerospace industries.
Other notable features include:
• Three piece tenon set neck with a 17° high angle headstock and 2.5° neck to body tilt
• Individually selected AAA grade black Gaboon Ebony fingerboards
• Optional Madagascar Rosewood fingerboards
• Gloss or satin matte nitrocellulose finish. Clears, tints and colours optional.
• Locking Sperzel or Tonepros ‘Modern Kluson’ tuners
• Tonepros locking bridges
• Schaller strap locks with dual rear buttons
• C neck profile standard – soft V or hard V profiles optional
• Hand crafted strengthening ‘volute’ at the head to headstock stock joint
• Range of Bare Knuckle® humbuckers custom finished for Vance in the UK
• Custom fitted, professional quality road/flight case with genuine heavy duty fittings
Why the single volume control?
Your amp has tone controls. Your pedals have tone controls. Why dilute the natural tone of your guitar by adding even more tone controls? We offer some of the sweetest, most expressive pickups as standard. The way to really let them shine is by keeping the circuit wiring as pure as possible. For those that can’t live without a tone control, the S3 is available with an optional tone stage.
From $2,990. Price includes roadcase.